Sunday, July 13, 2008

Welcome!

Even after today's ugly loss to the Rangers, it's still a wonderful time to be a White Sox fan. With the 2008 All-Star Break looming this week, the White Sox currently stand in first place in the A.L. Central and have one of the best records in baseball. From this, I finally decided to get back to writing about the Sox again. I don't know exactly were I'll take this. I don't anticipate a daily update or review of every single game, there are countless other media, blogs, and fan sites you can find that information in much quicker, and probably better, fashion than I'd provide.

Right now this is simply an avenue in which I hope to be able to creatively write about the Sox, who are as big a passion of mine as ever. I hope my decision to start this in the middle of what is shaping up to be a special season won't deter you, or make you think I'm some kind of bandwagoner. Hopefully my passion and knowledge of the White Sox eventually convinces you otherwise.

Anyways, let's get the awkward greetings out of the way:

  • My name is Matt
  • I live in Peoria, Illinois, a small city about 2 1/2 hours southwest of Chicago.
  • In no way, shape, or form do I write for a living. I just really like the Sox.
  • I hate the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees. I don't quite hate the Twins, they're more a pesky thorn in the side, however, I'm not above reconsidering my opinions. Don't ruin this season for me, Minnesota... Remember, the ball is in your court.
Much better. I already have a few ideas for some stuff I want to jot down, so come back soon! Agree with me, call me an idiot, it's all good. Let's talk White Sox baseball and enjoy this season, that's looking more and more special with every passing game (again, today's notwithstanding).

Go Sox!

No comments: