Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Thoughts on the All-Star Game


A disappointing night for the White Sox representatives, Crede and Quentin. Granted, it's a quarter after midnight and the game is still going on, so TCQ still has a chance to make amends for his current 0-4 night, but Crede went hitless in his one at bat, popping out 2nd.

The worst part of it all was that Quentin's last at bat ended in a strike out at the hands of Carlos Marmol. I guess I would have been asking God for a bit too much for Quentin to get the walk-off shot off a Cub, I guess we'll have to wait for Anaheim 2010 for the next chance.

This game has hit the point that Brandon Webb and Scott Kazmir are being forced to pitch. Both guys started on Sunday (2 days ago) and both threw over 100 pitches in their starts. Its situations like these that remind me why I shouldn't get too upset about Sox pitchers getting snubbed. I'll admit I was peeved when the teams were announced and not 1 pitcher from the best staff in the league made the cut, but watching this trainwreck unfurl, I'm pretty happy that Gavin, John, Mark, Scott, and Bobby are all taking a few days off and will be ready to pitch in their regular roles Friday. I know, I know, "the game counts," but there's no point in having home field advantage in the World Series if you have to handicap your team for half the season to get there.

12:25 AM, we're going to the bottom of the 15th.

No comments: