Monday, July 14, 2008

Unfortunately, Games on Field Still Need to be Finished

Play-off Prognosis... Good: According to both AccuScore.com (as reported in the Sun-Times) and Baseball Prospectus the White Sox enter the second half of the season with a better than 80% chance of making the post-season, which isn't too shabby for a team that wasn't picked to contend at all in 2008. Not that I'm trying to gloat, I also had the Sox out of the play-off hunt (though I did pick them to finish 2nd behind Detroit), it's nice to see them get respect of both commentators and computers alike.

Not that this is news, but Bobby Jenks should be back with the Sox on Friday before their game with Kansas City. Jenks is scheduled to pitch tonight in Kannapolis and then Wednesday in Birmingham. Though any time a critical pitcher misses time with an injury, it's scary, but at least Jenks' problems have been of the "non-throwing shoulder" variety. Anyways, hopefully Dotel, Linebrink, and Jenks fall back into their 7th, 8th, and 9th inning groove again.

Don't look now, but Gio Gonzalez, is on a roll. 4 of his last 5 starts have been outstanding, and there's some rumbling that if the A's deal Joe Blanton, Gonzalez may be wearing white shoes sooner than later.

Enjoy the Home Run Derby, everyone. I'll pop in and out, but I find it brutal to watch live. It's the potent combination of its ridiculous length plus incessant chatter by Chris Berman makes for a cocktail I'd rather not drink for a couple of hours. Plus, say what you will, but I really couldn't give a crap about "sending off Yankee Stadium." The park was renovated in the 1970s, I hate the Yankees, and I'm already sick and tired of all this.

No comments: