Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Let the Pre-Season Predictions Begin!


Well, we're still a few days away from the first practice pitch of Spring Training, but several folks are jumping on the prediction bandwagon early. I've read some reports that say Baseball Prospectus picked the Sox dead last in the Central in 2009 based on their PECOTA predictions, but I can't find a good, free site that legally publishes those numbers. If someone knows of a place I can see the 2009 PECOTA predictions without paying for them, I could comment, otherwise, I'll have to wait until sometime in the next few weeks to buy Baseball Prospectus 2009.

Also, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer has published its predictions (still seems a bit early, especially in a division like the Central with so many roster spots up for grabs, but whatever) and they've put their money on the Twins. They've got the Sox in second, Tribe in third, Tigers fourth, and Kansas City bringing up the rear. I'll try to keep an eye out for other predictions and see if we can't keep a running summary of the many, many expert opinions that will soon flood the baseball talk landscape.

No comments: