Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Joe Crede, You are Dead to Us

The White Sox recently updated the Roster section of the official page, revealing the number assignments for the newbies. The new numbers of note are:


However, one of the new numbers that really caught me by surprise was Dayan Viciedo taking #24. Take that Crede, you haven't even found a new team yet and we're giving your number to a guy who plays the same position as you. Seems like one last dig at Joe for their messy divorce. Now, I'm probably overreacting and I probably take number assignments too seriously, but my immediate reaction was still, "Wow, that was fast." Of course, upon further research, I remembered that the Sox gave away Aaron Rowand's number the first season after his trade to Philadelphia, even though he and the Sox seperated amicably. But at least Javier was an established vet who didn't play center field.

No comments: